Friday 19 September 2014

Sweet memoirs..


Writing has always come very naturally to me, and I'm grateful to many including my parents who nurtured my passion for reading and inspiring such a great love in my life. At times it can be very daunting, and yes there are days when I've been completely up against a wall. 
Having amazing content however, makes writing just a little bit more of a breeze. In this case, more like a sultry ocean breeze.


I popped by another sweet little soirée at the Jo Malone boutique in Canal Walk, to celebrate the launch and experience some Wood Sage & Sea Salt Fragrance.

Instead of the traditional signature black ribbon, Wood Sage & Sea Salt has sailors rope and knots as part of the packaging. So in keeping with this theme, ladies were treated to a jewellry making workshop on how to tie bracelet knots, creatively clever I know. I opted for a simpler baby blue bead because the whole tying of knots was a bit too much for me. 


Coming back to the fragrance, one would imagine sea salt to be an odd combination in any fragrance, but knowing Jo Malone, I graciously accept the unexpected. I love how one's sense of smell has this amazing way of triggering memories, and associating it with a particular time in your life. Inspired by the English coast, a feeling of being caught in a comforting fresh salty ocean breeze, with waves splashing onto white sandy shores is exactly how this scent made me feel. It gave me happy thoughts and childhood memories about balmy summer days. It's clean, it's earthy, it's fresh, it's subtly woody with the sultry sage also playing around there quite happily.

With Jo Malone, every fragrance is possible. If you new to the brand, this is an amazing fragrance as a first purchase. For those in the know, it's a wonderful addition to your Jo collection. 

Here's to new memories and blissful sunny days
Happy weekend..xx





No comments:

Post a Comment