Friday 11 October 2013

Coming up roses..


Roses will forever remain a symbol of pure indulgence and romance, and has been a part of beauty regimes for centuries by woman all over the world.

Rosewater is made by steaming the freshly picked petals of roses, with distilled water until it takes on the colour of the petals. It has to be free from chemicals and pesticides of course, as that will ultimately end upon your skin. Just give it a quick rinse before immersing it in the pot. The precious oils separate and float to the top of the water, strain and dispense into a sterilised container and store in the fridge until needed. It’s as simple as that.

The idea of making your own is lovely yes, but I don’t always have the luxury of time so if you’re like me, you can just dash down to the local spice shop to pick some up. There are some good brands that have been around for many years, and at R9.90 for a 375ml bottle, it’s a beauty steal.

My love affair with rosewater is one that just intensifies the more I use itI literally use it from the moment I open my eyes, throughout the day and before go to sleep at nightI have a very simple skincare routine, but I love to include products that are no fuss and easy to use. It leaves my skin sweetly scented, dewy and even toned.

It’s a fragrant mood enhancer and relieves feelings of anxiety and stress. Yes it’s a happy pill for your skin, making you look and feel relaxed.

It has anti-inflammatory properties and can calm your skinafter irritation. I used it after a bad reaction with a skin product a while back and it just settled my skiquite quickly.

It can be used as a refreshing mist throughout the day and even set your make-up. Get yourself a little spray container and pop into your bag on your way out. It’s a treat during the long hot summer days.

Used as a cleanser and toner it removes impurities andabsorbs excess oils from the skin. Dab onto your cotton discs, I prefer the discs to the cotton balls and work in small circular movements, not forgetting the delicate eye area, as it helps to reduce the puffiness after a long night out. It’s gently moisturising and can you believe, even has anti-ageing propertiesNo wonder Cleopatra soaked in a tub infused with rose petals.

Beauty secrets out the bag..who cares I’m GLOWING!

Miss Bloom

 



No comments:

Post a Comment